Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rest in Motion

Do you remember the last time someone asked you to sit with them?

To relax with them?

My visiting daughter had to practically kidnap me away from work to dine at a nearby hidden-in-a-nook French restaurant.

We
just
sat
and
talked.

And ate French Onion soup, white sausage and cherries jubilee!

Jesus did that. Does that. He invites us to sit

and dine with Him.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

He practically has to ambush us from our busy-ness to take a minute, though.

Take a sabbath to focus on Him

And REST.


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Come unto me all you who are weary 

He bids us to enter into His rest.

It is a physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual rest.

A rest in motion.

An inner calm through the chaos. Tranquility in trouble. A serenity through the storm.


Recognize you are not in control. Relax. Recline. Reflect.

Eliminate work. Erase worry. Enjoy simple things.

Sit. Still.

Trust.









No comments: