Saturday, December 21, 2013

Carol of the See's Candy




Every year my siblings in California send a huge box of See's candy. I'm telling you it just doesn't feel like Christmas until that box arrives. Maybe the Christmas feeling is aloof because it's still 86 outside, I don't know. 
Florida's version of chocolates by Hoffman's just doesn't compare!
My NYC son says it doesn't feel like Christmas. He says the lights, cold, hot drinks and snow bring on the festive feeling much better up north.
"Yeah, but you wouldn't be going to the beach right now if you were in NYC." The younger brother quips.

Being a Californian, I'm kind of used to the weather not being an indicator of the Season. Although it still chills enough there on the West Coast to don boots and sweaters. 
Anyway the See's candy is on my dining room table now and it feels like Christmas. 

Thank you bro and sis,  Chris and Cath!


Carol of  See’s Candy

Some people say the season starts 
When snow lies on the ground
Or when the shoppers crawl the mall
And scurry all around 
Or with the lighting of the tree in the center of the town
I count the season starting...
In chocolate by the pound!!

Does the merriment begin 
With snowman in the yard?
Or with the stockings hung
Or the opening of cards?
I say the Christmas cheer begins
When See's is in my cookie jar!!

Nuts and creams and glorious chews
There isn't any better news
Than when I hear the doorbell ring,
"A package came!" Our hearts just sing!

We look for it throughout the year
That wondrous day of holiday cheer
From relatives so loved and dear
It's Christmastime, the See's is here!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I always enjoy your writing and singing. Merry Christmas!

Angela Shaw said...

Thanks Deb. Merry Christmas to you, too.