Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent: Day One - Invasion of Love

My Christmas lights are half hung.

Only on the highest peaks where my son hung them before traveling back to college.

The other son protested my request for help with a facetious, "It's the Sabbath, mom!"

Ignoring the comment, I took up where the first son left off, but then it started to rain. I'm not that driven as to get soaked just to meet my self-imposed weekend deadline of getting the house exterior decorated.

So I left the lights and sat down with my Bible and coffee to draw near....to take a Sabbath.

This is December 1st, the first day of Advent. "Arrival" is the meaning of the word. We celebrate the coming of our Lord. The Invasion of a love that caused a revolution.




Raised Baptist, I don't remember a strict Advent liturgy. Or even hearing the word much except in reference to the card stock Advent Calendar my mom gave us. Each day you open a little window to see pictures of the Nativity story up to the 25th.



As an adult I like the idea of a little more liturgy to help us turn our minds to the monumental act of sending God's son into this despairing world.

So, here is Advent, Day One.

 And I am awestruck by the love that propelled the God/man's entry into our time and space to rescue us. It was an audacious move;  nothing less than revolutionary.



A Revolutionary Love.

https://soundcloud.com/a-marbury-shaw/revo

Have you been ambushed yet? It's a hostile take over for the better. A spiritual coup designed by the greatest campaign Strategist.

Let Him invade your heart and transform it. Raise the white flag.

Then join the Invasion of Love by spreading it around. Let more than the lights on your house shine this season.




No comments: