Friday, May 10, 2013

A Song for Mother's Day

She is the One

                                         I see God
Mother and Child with an Apple - Kauffmann Angelica
in her acts of kindness
I fear God 
in boundaries that she lays
I hear God
In her words of wisdom
Shining like a prism
To light uncertain days

I sense God
When she seeks forgiveness
I  feel God
When I'm wrapped in her arms
I know God
As a loving father
Cause she's a caring mother
                           Who steers me from all harm



Mother and Child - Renoir - 1881

 She is a picture of self-sacrifice

She really knows how to lay down her life

She is the one

Who shows the face of Jesus to me

She is a picture of self-sacrifice

She teaches me how to lay down my life

She is the one 

Who shows the face of Jesus to me




Mother and Child - William Grant
I know God hears me 
Cause she listens
I love God
Cause she's been on her knees
I thank God
For a godly mother
Who's helped me to discover 
His wondrous mysteries

She is picture of self-sacrifice
She really knows how to lay down her life
She is the one
Who shows the face of Jesus to me
She is a picture of self-sacrifice
She teaches me how to lay down my life
She is the one who shows the face

of Jesus to me.


Happy Mother's Day, dear readers and listeners (Take a listen at this link) from everywhere!

https://soundcloud.com/a-marbury-shaw/she-is-the-one

copyright @ A. Shaw 2013



5 comments:

Nancy Pullen said...

A beautiful Mother's Day tribute, Angela.
I know that your mother, Isabelle, is smiling down from heaven and showering you with all of her love. She was a precious woman, and I am blessed because I knew her:-)

mama cath said...

Awesome post! I miss her - every day. xxxxoooo

Angela Shaw said...

Thanks Nancy for taking time to comment. I know she appreciated the kindnesses that you and others showed her.

Angela Shaw said...

You were so wonderful to her, took such good care of her. For that I am forever grateful.

april said...

Beautiful post and song, Mom! So glad you could capture that love in words and in song!

Leave your email address here to receive automatic blog updates.