Saturday, May 31, 2014

L.A. Looks Better From the Getty




LA looks better from the Getty
On a day in December
When the smog is swept clean

LA looks better from the Getty
From the mountains to oceans
Next to white travertine



LA looks pretty from the Getty
You can't see the grafitti
Or the harsh wear of time
LA looks pretty from the Getty
With Vincent's blue Irises
Fresh in your mind






Get out of the gridlock
of the I-405
The shuttle will lift you
to Mulholland Drive
When the Santa Ana's blow
you feel so alive
Up here with the angels
We all can survive



On the opposite coast I walk among palm trees
And miss rainless summers
When I lived in the west
My New Yorker son
 Didn't care for the culture
But dear California
To me's always best
                             
The overcast mornings burn off to hot sun
Then dry desert winds
kick my hair in a swirl
I don't mind the asphalt-y smell of a new rain
That city is home to this Hollywood girl


LA looks better from the Getty
Next to Greek statuary
A mixed media skyline

LA looks better from the Getty
A 360 view
Of a city sublime









 

No comments: